Friday, September 4, 2009

excited for fall!

I'm so excited for fall, I know a lot of you out there are mourning the end of summer, but I think fall is the best season to be a Portlander! The crispy sunny afternoons and colors, love it! I'm also pretty excited to buy a copy of Martha's October isssue of Living this year and be inspired by her fabulous Halloween and fall decorating ideas.
I'm not much for actual follow through on decorating for Halloween and fall, but I think there's something really fabulous about celebrating the seasons and making time passing more important.
So, do you plan on decking the halls this fall? Or are you holding out in flip flops and tanks as long as possible?

4 comments:

  1. I saw some really great Halloween "Beware" signs at the Dollar Tree yesterday. I, too, have some difficulty with holiday decorating follow-through, but I think I could spend $1 and hang the sign outside on a nail that is already in perfect position.
    I just love the witch and cats silhouette! And I think Fall is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo, me too, me TOO!! I have an October baby and a September baby, so the fall is at once, nostalgic and excited party planning for me!! Mr. H. knows that when the leaves start falling his birthday is coming, and Baby O.'s birthday celebration started last year with a Hood River apple harvest loop.

    as for decorating, SOMEday, I'll live up to a martha halloween! for now it just means little bits here and there for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flip flops and shorts, baby!

    Halloween is off my radar until at least mid-October. Then I'll pick my volunteer pumpkins and do enough with the front porch so the kids know they can trick-or-treat at our house!

    ReplyDelete